ETTRICK, Wis. — The duo of Sadie Timms and Courtney Neuendorf paced the Simpson women's cross country team to a 13th-place finish of 21 teams Saturday at the Jim Drews/Tori Neubauer Invitational in the final tune-up before the Iowa Conference Championships in two weeks.
Six of the Storm's seven varsity finishers ran career-best times on the 6k course in the meet hosted by Wisconsin-La Crosse.
Timms placed 37th in the field of 298 runners, navigating the course in 23:18.67, the fastest 6k of her career. Neuendorf finished just outside of the top-50, taking 52nd in a career-best time of 23:48.7.
"Our women ran outstanding in tough conditions today. A majority of our ladies ran life-time bests, and I'm thrilled with the progress they have made so far this season." — head coach Heath Moenck
Storm Varsity Finishers
37. Sadie Timms, 23:18.67 | personal-best
52. Courtney Neuendorf, 23:48.70 | personal-best
118. Mary Wood, 25:02.03 | personal-best
130. Emily Buchheit, 25:12.36 | personal-best
133. Shelby Hunemiller, 25:17.45 | season-best
148. Ashlee Litterer, 25:39.03 | personal-best
166. Lesley Roquet, 25:52.34 | personal-best
The Storm have the week off to prepare for the Iowa Conference Championships hosted in Waverly on Saturday, Oct. 28 at noon.