INDIANOLA, Iowa -- Audrey LoVan crushed her own school record in the pole vault and Emily Buchheit won the 1500-meter run for the second time this season to lead the Simpson women's track and field team at their own triangular with Central and Nebraska Wesleyan on Saturday.
Simpson took third place with 71 points.
• Audrey LoVan crushed her own outdoor school record in the pole vault, clearing 10-feet, 6-inches to place second. Her previous best was 10-feet, set on April 22, 2017 and tied last week at the Jim Duncan Invitational. The effort is currently fourth in the IIAC.
• Emily Buchheit posted her second win of the season in the 1,500 meters, shaving nearly 2 seconds off her previous best. She ran a personal-best 5:01.71 to hold of Nebraska Wesleyan's Sydni Harris (5:03.77).
Top-three finishers per event
4. Kaylee Willadsen, 22:06.93
5. Sarah Sandage, 17.56
t-3. Kamryn Juni, 4-09.50
9. Katelyn Mangold, 15-06.75
11. Madison Anderson, 22-03.75
Simpson hosts the Kip Janvrin Open on Thursday and Friday, April 26-27. The hammer, discus and shot put will take place Thursday with the remainder of field events and all running events taking place Friday. Field events begin at Noon on Friday with running events getting underway at 1 p.m.