PELLA, Iowa -- Emily Buchheit and Katelyn Mangold turned in top-three finishes in individual events to lead the Simpson women's track and field team at the Central Weather Saver Invitational held Thursday, April 5.
• Freshmen Emily Buchheit and Katelyn Mangold gave the Storm their highest individual finishes of the meet as Buchheit took third in the 1500 and Mangold took third in the 400 hurdles. Mangold was competing in the 400 hurdles for the first time as each ran collegiate bests.
"It was a good overall effort. We are definitely further along than at this time last year. We came out of this meet feeling really good." — head coach Dave Cleveland
Top three finishers per event
7. Jaycie Owens, 62.53 | PR
6. Kaylee Willadsen, 21:46.80
11. Sarah Sandage, 17.91 | PR
3. Katelyn Mangold, 1:07.98 | PR
2. Sarah Sandage, 7-00.50
5. Sarah Sandage, 15-00.50 | PR
14. Madison Anderson, 26-00.00
5. Jackie Cullinan, 98-04
Simpson goes to the Jim Duncan Invitational at Drake's Blue Oval on Friday and Saturday, April 13-14 in Des Moines.