CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – Dylan Kalinay posted the conference's top time in the 60-meter hurdles and Bayley Fleshner posted a season-best in the same event as the Simpson track and field teams tuned up for the Iowa Conference Championships at the UNI-Dome Open on Friday.
Kalinay took fourth in the 60-meter hurdles, but his breakthrough time came in the preliminaries. Kalinay crossed the finish line in 8.33 seconds in the prelims, the No. 1 time in the Iowa Conference.
Fleshner had a solid performance in the 60 hurdles on the women's side as well, tying her season-best time. She placed second in 9.16, currently the No. 3 time in the Iowa Conference.
WOMEN'S TOP PERFORMANCES
- Lauren Martin ran season-best times in the 60 (8.20, prelims) and 200 meters (27.90), placing 2nd in the 60 and fourth in the 200.
- Courtney Neuendorf added a season-best effort in the 800, placing fourth (2:27.37).
- Nick Yaeger took third in the Mile (4:23.26), the No. 9 time in the Iowa Conference.
- Triston Twedt, Trevor McKee and Tris Reed placed second, third and fourth, respectively, in the 400 meters. Twedt ran 53.05, McKee 53.21 and Reed 53.59.
- Isaac Frazier tied for second in the high jump (6-4 3/4).
- Jackson Redmond posted a season-best effort in the triple jump (42-6 1/4), placing fifth. He now has the No. 7 leap in the Iowa Conference.
- Chris McKinnon posted a season-best effort in the shot put (44-3 1/4) placing eighth. He now has the No. 7 effort in the Iowa Conference.
Simpson goes to the IIAC Championships in Waverly next Friday and Saturday, Feb. 27-28.