CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Emily King and Megan Grubb were both selected to the 2019 All-American Rivers Conference Women's Tennis Team as King earned all-conference recognition and Grubb was named to the honorable mention squad, announced Thursday by the league.
This is the second time King has been honored by the conference as she was tabbed to the honorable mention team a year ago. The Storm finished the 2019 season with a 3-6 overall mark and went 3-5 during conference competition.
Emily King | All-Conference
• Sophomore from Friendswood, Texas
• Finished A-R-C Individual Tournament with a bronze showing in the A-Singles flight with a 3-1 mark
• Went 10-5 overall during the fall and 4-3 against conference foes
• Held the No. 1 singles spot for Simpson all year and competed at No. 1 doubles
• Teammed with Donni Kinghorn for a 3-0 record
• Has 22 career victories in singles play and 14 doubles triumphs
Megan Grubb | Honorable Mention All-Conference
• Sophomore from Indianola, Iowa
• Went 5-6 in singles play at No. 2 and finished the fall at 3-4 against conference teams
• Split time between No. 2 and 3 doubles with Lorin Miller to finish 5-7
• Finished 1-1 at the A-R-C Individual Tournament in the B-Doubles bracket