PELLA, Iowa -- The Simpson women's tennis team lost 9-0 at Central on Tuesday in an American Rivers Conference match.
Megan Grubb forced her opponent to three sets in a laborious match against the Dutch's Maddie Hartley after claiming a 6-2 win the opening set. Grubb fell short in the final set 10-7. Additionally, Kennedi Wright showed perseverance by winning four games in her second set after losing the first 6-0, but would lose at the No. 3 singles slot.
Women's tennis will begin competition in the A-R-C Individual Tournament on Friday, Oct. 11 in Dubuque, Iowa.
Central 9, Simpson 0
1. Karleigh Schilling (CEN) def. Emily King, by default
2. Maddie Hartley (CEN) def. Megan Grubb, 2-6, 7-6, 10-7
3. Katie Larson (CEN) def. Kennedi Wright, 6-0, 6-4
4. Laurynn Mize (CEN) def. Samantha Goodger, 6-2, 6-0
5. Sarah Schirm (CEN) def. Lorin Miller, 6-1, 6-0
6. Sami Thompson (CEN) def. Kathryn Hays, 6-0, 6-0
1. Maddie Hartley/Bronwyn Metcalf (CEN) def. Emily King/Kennedi Wright, 8-2
2. Karleigh Schilling/Laurynn Miz (CEN) def. Megan Grubb/Lorin Miller, 8-1
3. Katie Larson/Macy Scharff (CEN) def. Samantha Goodger/Kathryn Hays, 8-2