CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- The Simpson women's tennis team lost 7-2 at Coe on Saturday in an American Rivers Conference match.
Emily King improved to 2-1 on the year in A-R-C play at No. 1 singles for the Storm (1-3, 1-2 A-R-C). Grubb went 7-5 and 7-6 at the top spot to narrowly win over the Cohawk (3-0, 2-0 A-R-C). Megan Grubb tallied the team's second victory of the day by default.
Simpson returns to the courts on Friday for ITA Regionals in St. Peter, Minn.
1. Emily King (SIM) def. Isabella Hoppenjans, 7-5, 7-6
2. Megan Grubb (SIM) def. Eliza Sundermann, by default
3. Emma Lassen (COE) def. Kennedi Wright, 6-0, 6-1
4. Ella White (COE) def. Donni Kinghorn, 6-0, 6-0
5. Tori Montoya (COE) def. Samantha Goodger, 6-2, 6-4
6. Wenzia Sweeney (COE) def. Allie Smith, 6-0, 6-0
1. Isabella Hoppenjans/Eliza Sundermann (COE) def. Emily King/Kennedi Wright, 8-7
2. Emma Lassen/Ella White (COE) def. Donni Kinghorn/Samantha Goodger, 8-3
3. Tori Montoya/Sophie Craig (COE) def. Megan Grubb/Lorin Miller, 8-5