CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Simpson women's tennis players Kayla Reusche and Emily King earned American Rivers All-Conference honors for the 2018 season, as voted on by the league's nine head coaches. Reusche earned all-conference honors for both singles and doubles while King was an honorable mention pick.
Reusche was an honorable mention all-conference pick a year ago while King earns conference recognition for the first time. The Storm and first-year head coach Faith Bliss went 5-7 overall and 2-6 in league play this fall.
Kayla Reusche | All-Conference
• Senior from Waverly, Iowa
• Went 6-9 overall in singles and 7-8 in doubles
• Held down the No.1 spot in both singles and doubles
• In conference play, went 4-3 at both No. 1 singles and No. 1 doubles
• Teamed with King to post the team's best doubles duo at 4-3
• Named American Rivers Conference Player of the Week on Sept. 30, the first Storm player to earn the award since 2006
Emily King | Honorable Mention All-Conference
• Freshman from Friendswood, Texas
• Led team in singles wins, going 8-8 overall while going 6-9 in doubles
• Played the No. 2 singles spot in all 11 dual matches, going 6-5
• In conference play, went 4-3 at No. 2 singles
• Teamed with Reusche to post the team's best doubles duo at 4-3