CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Simpson women's tennis player Kayla Reusche earned American Rivers Conference Player of the Week honors for the period ending Sunday, Sept. 30, the league office announced Monday.
Reusche had a perfect week against A-R-C competition to become the first Storm women's tennis player to earn the award in more than 12 years. Jessica Nims was the last player to receive the honor back on Sept. 17, 2006.
Reusche and the Storm host Coe on Saturday, Oct. 6 in the A-R-C finale.
Women's Tennis Player of the Week
- Senior from Waverly, Iowa
- Went 3-0 at No. 1 singles and 2-1 at No. 1 doubles during the week, all against league competition
- Helped Simpson to a 5-4 win over Dubuque on Saturday, Sept. 29
- Improved to 4-2 against conference No. 1 singles players on the fall
- Recorded singles wins over Central's Karleigh Schilling (6-2, 4-6, 9-7), Loras' Audrey Hinz (6-3, 7-5) and Dubuque's A. Palacios Quinonez (6-3, 6-1)
- Partnered with Emily King in doubles, beating Loras' Audrey Hinz/Noley Bauman (8-6) and Dubuque's A. Palacios-Quinonez/Megan Ranney (8-6)
- Only setback on the week was a doubles loss with King to Central's Karleigh Schilling/Jenna Stewart (8-3)