CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Senior Naomi Olsgaard was named American Rivers Conference Swimmer and Diver of the Week for the period ending Sunday, Jan. 20, the conference office announced Monday.
Olsgaard received the honor for her performance on Friday at the Grinnell Invitational. She is the first recipient of the award for Simpson since Kayla Cary on Oct. 22, 2017.
The Storm return back to the pool on Saturday at Morningside for a meet that begins at noon.
Naomi Olsgaard | Women's Swimmer and Diver of the Week
- Senior diver from Indianola, Iowa
- Broke the school record in the 1-meter dive (11 tries) with a score of 327.35
- Broke her previous career-best mark of 304.40, which was set at the Pioneer Classic on Dec. 1, 2018
- Finished fifth in the event for Simpson
- Scored 18 of the team's 52 points at the meet