INDIANOLA, Iowa – The Simpson swimming and diving teams combined to win three events in a loss to Iowa Lakes Community College on Friday night at the Indianola YMCA.
Iowa Lakes won the women's competition 132-77 and the men's 161-56.
Despite the unfavorable result, the Storm brought home two individual wins and a relay win on the night. The women's 200-yard medley relay of Mackenzie Carson, Haley Blum, Christina Amburgy and Malia Meyer finished first in a time of 2:03.32. Carson added a win in the 1-meter diving competition, scoring a 133.30. On the men's side, Kyle McKim had a convincing win in the 200 individual medley, touching the wall in 2:12.62.
The Storm finish the home schedule when they host Coe on Saturday at 11 a.m.
Other Women's Highlights
- Amburgy placed second in the 100 freestyle (56.59) and the 200 freestyle (2:06.33)
- Meyer placed second in the 50 freestyle (28.67)
- Alex Vander Veen placed second in the 200 butterfly (2:39.09)
- Katie Rubins placed second in the 500 freestyle (6:17.87)
- Megan Lein placed second in the 200 breaststroke (2:47.31)
Other Men's Highlights
- McKim added a second-place finish in the 200 breaststroke (2:22.28)
- Mitchell Madson placed second in the 100 freestyle (52.58)