INDIANOLA, Iowa — Simpson women's golfers Hannah Gordon and Madison Hance earned Women's Golf Coaches Association (WGCA) All-American Scholar honors for their work in the classroom during the 2017-18 season.
The criteria for selection to the All-American Scholar Team are some of the most stringent in all of college athletics, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 required for inclusion. A total of 1,011 golfers across all divisions were recognized with the prestigious honor.
The Storm open the 2018-19 season Saturday, Sept. 1 at the Sail Classic in Cedar Falls.
• Rising junior from Pleasantville, Iowa
• Majoring in exercise science
• Posted a team-best 85.1 average on the season
• Shot a season-low 79 in the second round of the Wartburg Fall Invitational
• Transferred to Simpson from Graceland
• Rising junior from Creston, Iowa
• Majoring in graphic design
• Earns the WGCA All-American Scholar honor for the second straight year
• Named to the Academic All-IIAC Team after the fall season
• Shot for a 91.3 average in 10 rounds on the season
• Shot a season-low 82 in the first round of the Sail Classic on Sept. 2