CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Junior Jenna Taylor of the Simpson women's basketball team has been selected to the American Rivers All-Conference First Team for her performance during the season.
Simpson ended the season with a 20-7 record and captured a birth in the American Rivers Conference tournament with a third-place finish in the standings. The Storm ranked third in the country in 3-pointers made (288) and 3-pointers made per game (10.7), with both being first in the conference. The team broke the school record in most made 3-pointers in a season with 288 makes, the previous record of 216 was set during the 2011-12 season.
To view the American Rivers Conference release, click here.
Jenna Taylor | First Team, Forward
- Junior from Creston, Iowa
- Averaged 18.0 points and 7.7 rebounds per game, while shooting 55.2 percent from the field
- Finished second in the country and first in the A-R-C with a 48.9 trey percentage
- Scored in double figures in all but two of her 27 contests this year and went over 20 points on 12 instances
- Named as the A-R-C Player of the Week three times
- Placed on the Google Cloud Academic All-District 8 First Team
- Was an honorable mention selection in 2018
Cassie Chubb | Second Team, Forward
- Junior from Des Moines, Iowa
- Had a career high with 10.4 points, 5.9 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 21.1 minutes per game
- Hit double figures in the team's last five of seven contests
- Finished ninth in the league with 1.7 makes per game from behind the arc
- Madee 46 treys during the season, the third most on the team
Claire Johnson | Second Team, Guard
- Junior from Dakota Dunes, S.D.
- Ended with averages of 9.5 points, 4.8 assists and 4.2 rebounds per outing
- First in the conference in assists (130), assists per game and second in assists to turnover ratio (1.41)
- Third on the team in minutes played per game at 26.2
- Helped the team capture the fifth-best scoring output in the country at 80.5 points per game
- The team ended 11th in total assists (490) and assists per game (18.1) with her efforts in passing on offense
Cameron Kincaid | Honorable Mention, Forward
- Sophomore from Olathe, Kan.
- Finished her second season with 10.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and an 87.8 free throw clip
- Hit the game-winning shot against Coe with a few seconds remaining on Feb. 16