INDIANOLA, Iowa -- The Simpson Storm women's basketball team hits the road on Wednesday to take on Buena Vista for a 6 p.m. contest.
The Storm (14-3, 6-2) look to improve on its four-game win streak and remain in the third spot in the American Rivers Conference standings.
Simpson defeated Coe 78-73 on Saturday and went into overtime for the second time all season. Buena Vista (5-13, 0-9) lost 105-53 to Loras on Monday.
The game will be video streamed live on BVUathletics.com, which is linked on the Simpson Athletics website. Fans can also access the video stream via the American Rivers application on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV.
BUENA VISTA SERIES NOTES
Simpson and Buena Vista compete on the hardwood for the 83rd time on Wednesday and the Storm hold a 50-32 lead in the series ... The series has been even over the last 10 matchups, with both teams claiming five wins ... Before the even showings, Simpson won seven games in a row … The last four games have been decided by an average of 11.0 points.
Jan. 20, 2018 — L, 74-62 (Storm Lake)
Nov. 29, 2017 — W, 57-48 (Indianola)
Feb. 1, 2017 — W, 81-68 (Indianola)
Jan. 23, 2017 — L, 64-54, (Storm Lake)
ABOUT THE BEAVERS
Buena Vista is on a five-game losing streak and have lost its last 9 of 10 … The Beavers fell 104-53 to Loras on Monday … Senior Holly Schneider leads the team with 11.8 ppg and is tied for first on the team with 6.8 rpg.
LAST TIME OUT
The Storm narrowly escaped Cowles Fieldhouse with a 78-73 overtime win against Coe on Saturday. Simpson had four players score in double figures, with Claire Johnson scoring 22 points to lead the way. Jenna Taylor had 15 and Cameron Kincaid netted 13, while Cassie Chubb scored 10 off the bench. The Storm forced 27 turnovers in the win and went 12 of 14 from the charity stripe. Simpson scored eight points in the overtime period and held the Kohawks to three to win.
- Simpson's 20 3-pointers against Dubuque on Jan. 5 are the second-most by a team in Division III this season. Westminster (Mo.) surpassed the Storm's mark with 21 treys against MacMurray on Jan. 16.
- The Storm rank seventh in Division III with 10.0 3-pointers per game and rank 10th in 3-point percentage (37.7).
- Simpson has made 170 3-pointers through 17 games and is on pace to crush the school record of 216 set during the 2011-12 season. Simpson has made at least 10 3-pointers in six of the last seven games and is 6-1 when making 10-or-more 3s this season.
- Simpson also boasts one of the best total offenses in the nation, averaging 80.4 ppg, seventh in Division III.
- The Storm have also been stout on defense, recording at least 10 steals in all but two games this season. Simpson is a perfect 10-0 when snagging at least 12 steals. Senior guard Rachel Freland leads the team with 49 steals.
- Janey Botkins increased her career 3-point total to 152, currently fifth in school history. She needs just one to tie Tiffany Whitsell (153 from 1999-2003) for fourth. Morgan Mauro (163 from 2012-16) is third all-time.
- Cameron Kincaid leads the American Rivers and ranks third in Division III in free throw percentage (90.4).
Dubuque makes its way into Indianola on Saturday for a 2 p.m. showdown inside Cowles Fieldhouse.