INDIANOLA, Iowa -- The Simpson Storm women's basketball team looks for its second-straight win when it hosts the Nebraska Wesleyan Prairie Wolves on Wednesday in American Rivers Conference action. Tipoff is set for 6 p.m. at Cowles Fieldhouse.
Simpson beat Dubuque 102-65 on Saturday, nailing a Division III-best 20 3-pointers in the process. Nebraska Wesleyan suffered its first conference loss of the season in an 88-70 setback at home against Loras.
The game will be video streamed live on SimpsonAthletics.com. Fans can also access the game via the American Rivers application on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV.
NEBRASKA WESLEYAN SERIES NOTES
Simpson and Nebraska Wesleyan are meeting for the 16th time in a series that dates back to the 1983-84 season … Simpson leads the series 12-3 and is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings … the teams have split their four meetings since the Prairie Wolves joined the conference in 2016-17.
1.27.18 — L, 85-84 (Indianola)
12.2.17 — W, 108-73 (Lincoln)
2.4.17 — L, 95-71 (Lincoln)
1.4.17 — W, 65-62 (Indianola)
11.13.15 — L, 60-57 (neutral)
ABOUT THE PRAIRIE WOLVES
Nebraska Wesleyan and second-year head coach Sam Dixon won their first three conference games of the season before Saturday's 88-70 loss to Nebraska Wesleyan … the Prairie Wolves boast the league's leading scorer in guard Caitlin Navratil, who averages 22.3 ppg … she also leads the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.5) … Nebraska Wesleyan is the second-best team in the league at shooting the 3, averaging 7.8 per game, behind only Simpson (10.1).
LEADING THE A-R-C
Simpson leads the American Rivers Conference in five team and individual categories:
Scoring offense — 81.6 ppg
Free throw percentage — 74.1
3-point percentage — 39.2
3-pointers made — 142
Individual free throw percentage — Cameron Kincaid, 89.1
LAST TIME OUT
Cassie Chubb scored 21 points and the Storm made a Division III-best 20 3-pointers in a 102-65 win over Dubuque on Saturday. The Storm went 20-for-37 from beyond the arc, crushing the school record of 16 set earlier this season. Jenna Taylor scored 14 points while Cameron Kincaid and Claire Johnson had 12 apiece.
• Simpson's 20 3-pointers against Dubuque topped the previous high of 19 set by Western Connecticut State earlier this season. Simpson has set the school record for 3-pointers twice this season after last setting the record in 2010-11.
• The Storm rank eighth in Division III with 10.1 3-pointers per game and rank fifth in 3-point percentage (39.2).
• At the current pace, Simpson would crush the school record of 216 3s set during the 2011-12 season. Simpson has made at least 10 3-pointers in the last four games and is 4-1 when making 10-or-more 3s this season.
• The Storm have at least 10 steals in all but two games this season and are 8-0 when snagging at least 12 steals. Senior guard Rachel Freland leads the team with 44 steals.
• Jenna Taylor reached double figures for the 17th straight game with 14 against Dubuque. The junior from Creston is second in the league in scoring (17.8 ppg) and third in rebounding (7.4).
• Sophomore Cameron Kincaid is among the best free throw shooters in the nation. At 89.1 percent on the season, she leads the American Rivers and ranks 11th in Division III.
• Janey Botkins increased her career 3-point total to 144, currently fifth in school history. Tiffany Whitsell (4th, 153) and Morgan Mauro (3rd, 163) are within striking distance.
• Cassie Chubb continued her breakout season with 21 points against Dubuque. She averages 9.4 points and 6.1 rebounds this season after putting up just 2.1 and 1.1 a year ago.
Simpson travels to Central on Wednesday, Jan. 16. Start time is set for 6 p.m. in Pella.