INDIANOLA, Iowa -- The Simpson women's basketball team looks to even its conference record when it travels to face the Luther Norse on Saturday, Dec. 1. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m. from the Regents Center.
Simpson (3-1, 0-1) at Luther (1-3, 0-0)
Saturday, Dec. 1 | 2 p.m.
Regents Center | Decorah, Iowa
Live Video/Live Stats
Simpson and Luther are meeting for the 83rd time in a series that dates back to the 1976-77 season. The Norse lead the all-time series 45-37, taking 2 of 3 from the Storm last season. Luther has won six in a row against the Storm in Decorah.
LAST SEASON VS. LUTHER
2.22.18 — L, 84-61 (Decorah, IIAC Tournament)
1.31.18 — L, 76-55 (Decorah)
1.3.18 — W, 78-73 (Indianola)
ABOUT THE NORSE
Luther and eighth-year head coach Amanda Bailey are off to a slow start, losing 3 of 4 to start the year after going 19-10 a year ago. All three losses are to WIAC schools (Whitewater, Stevens Point and Platteville) with the win coming against Gustavus Adolphus on Nov. 24. The Norse have been led by the duo of Sarah Holtz (14.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg) and Laura Hamilton (12.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg). Hamilton is coming off a 17-point performance against Platteville while Holtz had 16. Luther went just 1-for-24 from 3-point range against the Pioneers and are shooting 22.1 percent from long range this season.
• Simpson suffered its first loss of the season Wednesday with an 83-69 setback against defending league champion Wartburg. Cameron Kincaid scored 14 points to lead the Storm and Kia Rasmussen added 12 on 4-for-7 shooting from beyond the arc.
• Simpson enters Saturday's game ranked in the top 15 in Division III in 3-pointers per game (6th, 10.5), 3-point percentage (11th, 41.2) and scoring (14th, 81.3).
• Junior forward Jenna Taylor has two American Rivers Conference Player of the Week honors to her credit already this season. She most recently earned the award for the period ending Nov. 19, when she averaged 25 points and 10.5 rebounds in Simpson's two wins at the Quinlivan & Hughes Tip-Off Tournament.
• Taylor is enjoying a breakout season as a junior, ranking among the top three in the A-R-C in scoring (2nd, 20.3), rebounding (1st, 9.0), field goal percentage (3rd, 55.2) and 3-point percentage (1st, 55.6).
• Cameron Kincaid goes into Saturday's game with 12 consecutive made free throws. The sophomore is 14-15 on the season and hasn't missed from the line since the opener against Millikin. She went 8-for-8 in the loss to Wartburg.
Simpson hosts Buena Vista on Wednesday, Dec. 5. Start time is set for 6 p.m. at Cowles Fieldhouse.