The Simpson women's basketball team travels to Mount Pleasant, Iowa to face the Iowa Wesleyan Tigers in a non-conference clash at Ruble Arena on Saturday. Tipoff is set for 6 p.m.
The Storm (2-6, 0-2 IIAC) snapped a six-game losing streak with a 109-71 win over Kansas Christian last Saturday. The Tigers (3-5, 2-1 SLIAC) saw a three-game winning streak come to a close with a 66-57 loss to Spalding.
Live Video: www.iwtigers.com
MATCHUP AT A GLANCE
Simpson—2-6, t-7th IIAC | 67.8 ppg | 38.3 rpg | 14.3 apg
Iowa Wesleyan—3-5, t-3rd SLIAC | 57.6 ppg | 31.5 rpg | 10.4 apg
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Janey Botkins made seven 3-pointers, Noreen Morrow finished a rebound shy of a double-double and Simpson rolled to a 109-72 win over Kansas Christian on Saturday, Dec. 10. Botkins scored a game-high 21 points, going 7-for-11 from beyond the arc. Morrow finished with 20 points and nine rebounds. Full Recap
• Simpson and Iowa Wesleyan meet for the 17th time in a series that dates back to the 1981-82 season. Simpson leads the all-time series 15-1 and has won the last two, including a 60-53 win in Indianola last season. Iowa Wesleyan's only win in the series was a 69-65 win at Indianola in 2013-14.
• After losing its first four games to start the season, Iowa Wesleyan has won 3 of 4. In its three wins, Iowa Wesleyan has won by an average of 33.3 points. The Tigers have been led by the play of 5-9 senior guard Cairece Allen, who leads the team in scoring (13.1 ppg) and rebounding (7.1 rpg).
• Janey Botkins finished one shy of tying Simpson's record for 3-pointers in a game when she made seven against Kansas Christian last Saturday. She went 4-for-6 in the first half, made two each in the first, second and fourth quarters and went 2-for-2 in the second quarter. Amy Hamilton -- Simpson's career leader in 3s -- set the single-game record with eight against William Penn on Dec. 13, 2008.
• Junior forward Noreen Morrow is ranked 17th in Division III with five double-doubles in eight games. Averaging 18.4 points and a league-high 10.4 rebounds, Morrow is one of just two players in the IIAC averaging a double-double, the other being Central's Claire Marburger (25.5 ppg, 10.1 rpg).