CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Simpson softball's Megan Crockett has earned American Rivers All-Conference First Team honors for her impressive sophomore season, while Ashley Allen, Emily Bell and Sara Trent were tabbed to the second team.
The Storm ended their season in the A-R-C Tournament semifinals in a 3-1 loss to Coe. Simpson finished with a 21-19 record and were 7-9 in conference play. To end the regular season, the squad went on a 5-3 run in league play to make the conference tournament as the sixth seed.
As a unit, the Storm led the A-R-C with 26 home runs and were third with 59 doubles. Of those 26 longballs, 18 were against conference opponents.
Megan Crockett | First Team, Designated Player
- Sophomore from Bryant, Iowa
- Led the conference with nine home runs
- Drove in 31 runs on 38 hits while batting .369 and scored 19 runs, all were team highs
- Tallied 16 hits and six homers in conference play
- Named A-R-C Female Athlete and Softball Position Player of the Week on April 22
- Had a six-game hitting streak during the stretch of March 16-31
- Only had four hits, three runs scored and one RBI during her freshman season for the Storm
Ashley Allen | Second Team, Catcher
- Senior from Laurel, Iowa
- This is her third selection to an all-conference team, she was an honorable mention nod in 2018 and second team performer in 2017
- Finished fourth on the team in hits with 25 and had eight doubles to tie for first
- Was third on the team with four homers
- Threw out 12 would-be base stealers and had a .975 fielding percentage from behind the plate
Emily Bell | Second Team, Pitcher
- Sophomore from Aurora, Colo.
- Fifth in the conference with a 2.27 earned run average and held an 11-6 record inside the circle
- Struck out 78 batters to finish fourth in the conference in 114.0 innings of work
- Named the A-R-C Softball Pitcher of the Week once this season
- This is her second-straight selection to the all-conference second team
- Ended with 19 hits, eight doubles and three homers to drive in five runs
- Batted .333 which was second-best on the team in only 57 plate appearances
Sara Trent | Second Team, Third Base
- Sophomore from Fairfield, Iowa
- Tied for first in doubles (8), second on the team in home runs (6), RBIs (20) and tied for second in hits (30)
- Batted .297 for the year with a .554 slugging percentage
- Had two five-game hitting streaks and one six-game streak during the season