LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Three members of the Simpson softball team earned a spot on the 2018 All-Midwest Region Team, as selected by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA). Madison Rasmusson landed a spot on the first team while Ashley Allen and Taylor Davis were second team selections.
A junior outfielder, Rasmusson led the team with a .427 batting average, the ninth-best in the Midwest Region. A junior catcher, Allen tied a school record and tied for the lead in the Midwest Region with 18 doubles while hitting .393 with 30 RBIs. A senior third baseman, Davis hit .393 while leading the team in home runs (4) and RBIs (32).
All-Region players are nominated and selected by NFCA member coaches in each of the eight Division III regions. First team All-Region choices are eligible for selection to the NFCA All-America team, which will be announced the evening of May 23 online at NFCA.org and in person at the NCAA Division III Championship banquet in Oklahoma City.
Madison Rasmusson | First Team
• Junior outfielder from Marshalltown, Iowa
• Hit .427 with five doubles, one triple, one home run and 23 RBIs
• Led team in batting average, on-base percentage (.467) and stolen bases (13)
• Posted 10th-highest batting average in school history
• Named First Team All-Iowa Conference
Ashley Allen | Second Team
• Junior catcher from Laurel, Iowa
• Hit .393 with 18 doubles, one home run and 30 RBIs
• Tied for the Midwest Region lead and tied a school record with 18 doubles
• Named Honorable Mention All-Iowa Conference
Taylor Davis | Second Team
• Senior third basemen from Carlisle, Iowa
• Hit .391 with 11 doubles, one triple, four home runs and 32 RBIs
• Led team in home runs, RBIs and slugging (.609)
• Named IIAC Female Athlete of the Week on April 1 after hitting .462 with three home runs and 10 RBIs in four games