The Storm are in sixth place with 24 points.
The IIAC Championships conclude Saturday. Field events get underway at 10 a.m. with running events beginning at 1:30 p.m. with the 4x100-meter relay.
• Kalinay posted the top qualifying time in the 110 hurdles, running 14.30 to tie his own school record and break the Iowa Conference Championship record set in 1990 by Simpson's Mike Godbout. The time is currently the fourth-fastest in Division III.
• Kalinay also qualified for finals in the 100 and 200 meters. He ran 10.74 to place second in the 100, a personal-best and the third-fastest time in school history. He ran 22.01 to place fourth in the 200.
• Coughenour posted a lifetime best in the 400 hurdles, running the top-qualifying time in 52.42. The time is currently sixth-fastest in Division III and breaks the Iowa Conference Championship record set in 2014.
• Jonathan Facio ran a career-best 9:35.22 to place fifth in the 3,000-meter steeplechase. The time is the third-fastest in school history and fastest by a Simpson runner since 2006.
• Austin Greenwalt qualified for finals in the 400 hurdles by running a personal-best 55.72 to place sixth.
• Chase Wetterling and Travis Tupper qualified for finals in the 400-meter dash. Wetterling ran 49.26 to place sixth and Tupper ran a personal-best 49.17 to place eighth. Kirk Wicks just missed the cut, running 49.71 to place ninth.
• Isaiah Strong cleared 6-feet, 5 1/2 inches in the high jump to place fourth, moving up two spots from last year.
• Freshman Ryan Trainer fared well in his first career decathlon competition, placing sixth with 4,876 points. His best finishes came in the javelin throw, high jump and long jump. He placed third in both the javelin and high jump while taking fourth in the long jump.
6. Ryan Trainer, 4876