WAVERLY, Iowa – Isaac Frazier leads the heptathlon through four events, and Bayley Fleshner posted the No. 3 qualifying time to lead Simpson after the first day of the Iowa Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships.
The Championships conclude Saturday. Action begins at 10 a.m.
Frazier won the high jump competition and took third in the shot put, giving him 2,720 points. He leads Central's Conner Freeman by 29 points with the 60 hurdles, pole vault and 1,000-meter run coming up Saturday.
Fleshner ran 9.19 in the 60-meter hurdle preliminaries, good for the No. 3 qualifying time. She runs in the finals on Saturday.
- Dylan Kalinay posted the No. 4 qualifying time in the 60 hurdles (8.41)
- The 4x200-meter relay team of Kalinay, Davey Jergens, Triston Twedt and Brice Sheeder placed fourth (1:31.82)
- The distance medley relay team of Miles Kirts, Trevor McKee, Cody Alexander and Blake Willadsen placed sixth (11:16.14)
- Mitch Stoltzman tied for sixth in the pole vault (12-11)
- Chris McKinnon placed eighth in the shot put (43-7)
- Sarah Galbraith placed fifth in the pentathlon (2,883)
- Lauren Martin posted the No. 5 qualifying time in the 60 meters, running a season-best time (8.00)
- The distance medley relay team of Courtney Neuendorf, Jessica Gronke, Jessica Lamb and Lauren Doocy placed sixth (13:27.27)
- Fleshner placed eighth in the long jump (16-3 3/4)
- Mary Doherty tied for eighth in the pole vault (8-8 3/4)