IOWA CITY, Iowa – Bayley Fleshner took fourth in the 60-meter hurdles, Leif Jeppson took fourth in the 800 meters and the Simpson track and field teams tuned up for next week's Iowa Conference Championships at the Iowa Invitational on Friday night. No team scores were kept.
Competing against predominately Division I competition, Simpson registered 11, top-eight finishes and a handful of season bests before competing for a conference championship next week. The IIAC Indoor Championships begin Friday, Feb. 28 in Decorah.
Fleshner ran a 9.23 in the 60-meter hurdles, just shy of her season-best of 9.21. She also took seventh in the long jump (16-feet, 1 1/2 inches).
Jeppson clocked in at 1:58.11 in the 800, a season-best effort for the senior.
- Lauren Martin placed 5th in the 60-meter dash in a season-best time of 8.17 seconds
- Larissa Backhaus placed 5th in the 600 meters in 1:43.73
- Sarah Ney placed 7th in the 200 meters (26.74)
- Jessie Eyerly placed 7th in the 800 meters (2:29.77)
- Lindsey Borgomainerio placed 8th in the 800 meters (2:29.96)
- Isaac Frazier placed 6th in both the 60 hurdles (9.15) and triple jump (40-5), both season bests
- Anthony Burton placed 8th in the 600 meters (1:26.76)
- Miles Kirts placed 12th in the Mile (4:35.01), the top non-Division I finisher