INDIANOLA, Iowa -- The Simpson men's tennis team finished a stretch of three-straight American Rivers Conference matches on Sunday with an 8-1 loss to Coe inside the Buxton Tennis Complex.
With rain showers in the morning, the Storm were unable to keep the Kohawks from heating up and were blanked in four of the 13 sets played in singles competition.
Karson Richardson claimed the only win for Simpson at No. 6 singles. Richardson lost the first set, but came back to win 6-2 in the second to force a third and deciding set. The final set was a battle and Richardson was able to pull out the 11-9 win to earn the point.
The Simpson doubles pairs had tough contests as well, but only Peter Walkwitz and Richardson came within four points of their counterparts.
Coe 8, Simpson 1
1. Tyler Nelson (COEM) def. Zach Nelson, 6-1, 6-1
2. Adrian Savic (COEM) def. Reade Reiter, 6-1, 6-2
3. Nathan Meskell (COEM) def. Brett Dewerff, 6-0, 6-1
4. Jon Lansing (COEM) def. Matt Turnley, 6-0, 6-3
5. Will Rizer (COEM) def. Peter Walkwitz, 6-0, 6-0
6. Karson Richardson (SIMM) def. Jack Cook, 2-6, 6-2, 11-9
1. Tyler Nelson/Will Rizer (COEM) def. Zach Nelson/Reade Reiter, 8-3
2. Nathan Meskell/Jon Lansing (COEM) def. Brett Dewerff/Matt Turnley, 8-2
3. Adrian Savic/Jack Cook (COEM) def. Peter Walkwitz/Karson Richardson, 8-4
Elmhurst and Northwestern visit on Saturday for a couple of nonconference matches. The first match against Elmhurst will begin at noon, with the second to follow.