CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Simpson men's soccer's Jordy Triana-Vasquez was selected as the American Rivers Conference Male Athlete and Offensive Player of the Week after connecting on two game-winning goals last week, the league announced Monday.
The freshman scored in the 42nd minute to help lift the Storm to a 4-1 win over Coe on Wednesday before finishing off his impressive week with the game-winner in the 74th minute to defeat Luther 2-1.
Simpson is sitting at 13-1-1 overall and is 3-0 in A-R-C play. The Storm look to remain unbeaten in conference competition with a road match at Buena Vista at 7:30 p.m. this Tuesday.
Triana-Vasquez is now the seventh Simpson student-athlete to be recognized by the league office this fall and is the second men's soccer player on that list, joining Dominek Miyeng.
Jordy Triana-Vasquez | Male and Offensive Player of the Week
• Freshman from Clive, Iowa
• Scored two game-winning goals against A-R-C opponents this week
• Helped the Storm defeat Luther for the first time since Nov. 3, 2009
• His goal against the Norse was scored off a bicycle kick
• Finished week with five points on two goals and one assist
• Tied for fourth on the team with three goals