CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Simpson's Jake Potratz has been named the American Rivers Conference Defensive Player of the Week, the league office announced Tuesday.
Potratz didn't allow a goal in 200 minutes of play last week, helping the Storm go 1-0-1 with a key draw against Wis.-Platteville, the fourth-ranked team in the North Region.
The Storm beat Grinnell 4-0 on Tuesday and open American Rivers Conference play Saturday at Central.
A-R-C Defensive Player of the Week
• Sophomore goalkeeper from Norwalk, Iowa
• Didn't allow a goal in 200 minutes, earning two shutouts
• Made three saves in a 2-0 win over Iowa Wesleyan on Tuesday and four in a 0-0 draw with Wis.-Platteville on Sunday.
• Lowered his season goals against average to .977, tops in the league
• Earns the award for the fourth time in his career after taking home the honor three times as a freshman