CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Senior Adam Reiter was named the American Rivers Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week after leading Simpson to a 1-1 record in San Diego, Calif., the league announced on Monday.
Reiter grabbed his fifth double-double of the year after notching 20 points and 10 boards in an 84-83 win over UC Santa Cruz on Tuesday, Dec. 17. The Ankeny, Iowa native finished the West Coast trip with 21 points and eight rebounds in an 87-75 defeat to Redlands.
Simpson (7-5) returns to action on Wednesday, Jan. 1 with an exhibition contest at the NCAA Division II No. 2 Northwest Missouri State at 1:30 p.m. A-R-C play resumes on Wednesday, Jan. 8 with a 7:30 p.m. game at Nebraska Wesleyan.
To view the American Rivers Conference Athletes of the Week release, click here.
Adam Reiter | Men's Basketball Player of the Week
• Senior from Ankeny, Iowa
• Tallied fifth double-double of the year with 20 points and 10 rebounds in win over UC Santa Cruz
• Averaged 20.5 points and nine boards in the team's two games in San Diego, Calif.
• Shot 14-of-17 for the week in 58 minutes of action
• Reiter is currently second in the league in rebounding (9.3) and fifth in the league in scoring (17.8)
• Received his second second A-R-C Athlete of the Week honor (12/10/18)