INDIANOLA, Iowa -- Simpson point guard Conor Riordan earned a spot on the first D3hoops.com Team of the Week for the 2018-19 season after leading the Storm to a 3-1 start to the campaign.
A junior from Ankeny, Iowa, Riordan averaged 22.3 points and 5.3 rebounds for the first four games of the season to earn his first selection to the national team of the week. The Storm opened the season with a 103-100 overtime loss to Bethany Lutheran on Nov. 10 before rattling off wins over Westminster (92-86 on Nov. 13), North Park (75-68 on Nov. 16) and Hope (73-55 on Nov. 17).
Jontrell Herman (Johnson & Wales), Keith Brown (Endicott), Brandon Johnson (Plattsburgh State) and Jake Burgio (Nazareth) joined Riordan on the team of the week, which included games played from Nov. 8-18.
Conor Riordan | D3hoops.com Team of the Week
• Junior point guard from Ankeny, Iowa
• Averaged 22.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 3 assists and 2.3 steals in four games
• Shot 57 percent from the field, 44 percent from 3-point range and 79 percent from the free throw line
• Named to the All-Tournament team after leading the Storm to the North Park Tournament Championship
• Extended streak of consecutive double-figure scoring games to 22
• Committed just one turnover in the last three games of the week
• Opened the season with his second-career 30-point game, putting up 35 in an overtime loss to Bethany Lutheran
• Scored 16 points with 6 rebounds and 3 assists in a 92-86 win at Westminster
• Scored 18 points with 6 rebounds and 3 assists in a 75-68 win at North Park
• Scored 20 points with 5 rebounds and 3 assists in a 73-55 win over Hope