This is the third straight season Holmes has landed on the third team as a safety, while this is the first all-region honor for Bartlett at wide receiver. This is the second time since 2008 that the Storm football team have placed more than one on the all-region team as the squad had four recipients in 2018.
To view the D3football.com 2019 All-West Region Team, click here.
Sam Bartlett | D3football.com 2019 All-West Region Third Team
• Senior from St. Louis, Mo.
• Finished the year with 68 receptions, 1,301 receiving yards and 16 TDs
• His 16 receiving TDs are the most in Simpson history for a season, surpassing the previous record of 14
• Led the league in receiving yards, yards per game (130.1) and tied for first in receiving TDs at the end of the regular season
• Ended the regular season second in receiving yards and receiving yards per game in the nation
• First Storm wide receiver to go over 1,000 yards receiving since 2012
• Had seven games of at least 100 yards receiving and had three in a row to end the season
Brendan Holmes | D3football.com 2019 All-West Region Third Team
• Senior from Atlantic, Iowa
• Finished with 93 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 5.5 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles and two interceptions
• Became the program's career leader in tackles with 369, surpassing the previous record of 339 set by Jarod Young (1993-96)
• Recorded three games of at least 10 tackles with a high of 16 against Central
• His 15 career interceptions are third most in school history
• Was named to the D3football.com Team of the Week on Sept. 16, 2019
• Has been selected to the all-region third team for three straight seasons