CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- A trio of Simpson baseball players were recognized on the American Rivers All-Conference teams for their performances on the diamond this spring. Truman Schmitt, Brady Held and Devin Creger received the honors.
Schmitt was placed on the second-team for his stellar work at the plate during his junior season. Held and Creger were both listed on the honorable mention team after their freshman campaigns.
As a team, Simpson finished 13-23 overall and 5-19 in the conference. The Storm started out league play with a series win over the conference tournament champions, Buena Vista.
Truman Schmitt | Second Team, Designated Hitter
- Junior from HInton, Iowa
- Batted .326 in league play and had a conference-leading .390 average overall
- Tied for first in the conference with five home runs and 14 doubles
- Finished the season with an 11-game hit streak
- Had hit streaks of eight and seven contests during the year
- Named A-R-C Male Athlete and Position Player of the Week on March 18
- Selected to the D3Baseball.com Team of the Week once this year
Devin Creger | Honorable Mention, Third Base
- Freshman from Altoona, Iowa
- Finished the year with 35 hits and a .297 batting clip
- Tallied nine doubles, four triples and drove in 14 runners
Brady Held | Honorable Mention, Utility
- Freshman from Indianola, Iowa
- Tallied the fourth-most strikeouts in league play at 48 and third-most overall with 74
- Ended with a 5-2 record for the year with three complete games
- Named A-R-C Pitcher of the Week after tossing a complete-game shutout and one-hitter in his first collegiate start
- Held the fourth-highest batting average in league play at .383