The Storm Spirit Squads perform at all home football and basketball games. They participate in many campus activities throughout the year including Simpson’s homecoming pep rally “Yell Like Hell,” a watermelon feed for the football team and youth spirit clinics. This year more than ever, the Cheerleaders and Dancers have been the face of Simpson and participate in many community service activities throughout the academic year, such as Meals for the Heartland and Race for the Cure. At Simpson, the spirit squads are an extension of the athletic department—it’s exciting for team members to be involved in something they love at the collegiate level.
SCDT Dance Clinic
When: Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 1 p.m.
Who: Children in grades K-5
Where: Cowles Fieldhouse
Cost: $30 (includes performance t-shirt)
The clinic begins at 1 p.m. and concludes at 3 p.m. The campers will then put on a performance at the SCDT Spring Show, which begins at 4 p.m. Dancers and one guest are admitted into the show for free. Admission for additional guests is $5. Also, hair bows will be available for purchase at $5 apiece.
Email Paige Curtis with questions.
SCDT Spring Show 2015
When: Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 4 p.m.
Where: Cowles Fieldhouse
Cost: $5 at the door
The dance team will be performing each of their routines from throughout the season with additional performances, including those participating in the Kids Dance Clinic prior to the show that day! Help us celebrate all that we have accomplished this year!
Try Out for the Team!
When: April 18-19, 2015
Interested in becoming a member of the cheer or dance team in 2015-16? Simpson will hold tryouts for the cheer and dance teams the weekend of April 18-19.
Dance team tryouts will be held Saturday, April 18. Check-in will be held from 4-4:30 p.m. at Cowles Fieldhouse. A dinner will be provided. Skill requirements include: turns in second, pirouettes (minimum of a double), variety of leaps, and showmanship
Cheer team tryouts will take place Sunday, April 19 at 9 a.m. in Cowles Fieldhouse.
- Send performance(s) from this year's season or within the past year to Coach Curtis by mailing a DVD to Simpson College, Paige Curtis - Athletic Office, 701 North C St., Indianola, IA 50125 or email a link to email@example.com
- Scedule a campus visit with the admissions office and let them know you are interested in Dance. Meet dance team members and/or coaches. Attend a football or basketball game to see the dance team perform.
- Sign up to attend Cheer and Dance Visit Day on Nov. 15, 2014
- Email Coach Curtis dates/times of performances - such as ISTDA, recital, and/or fall or spring showcase.
- Apply and be accepted to Simpson College
Pom, funk, jazz, kick, lyrical, hip-hop and co-ed.