Storm Cheer and Dance - Fall in love with our spirit!
The Storm Spirit Squads perform at all home football and basketball games. They participate in many campus activities throughout the year including Simpson’s homecoming pep rally “Yell Like Hell,” a watermelon feed for the football team and youth spirit clinics. This year more than ever, the Cheerleaders and Dancers have been the face of Simpson and participate in many community service activities throughout the academic year, such as Meals for the Heartland and Race for the Cure. At Simpson, the spirit squads are an extension of the athletic department—it’s exciting for team members to be involved in something they love at the collegiate level.
Tryout Dates Set!
Cheer and dance tryouts for incoming freshmen will be held Sunday, March 24. To tryout, you must be accepted to Simpson College. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR TRYOUTS
Items To Do Prior to March
- Send performance(s) from this year's season or within the past year to Coach Jacobson by mailing a DVD to Simpson College, Coach Jacobson - Athletic Office, 701 North C St., Indianola, IA 50125 or email a link to email@example.com
- Scedule a campus visit with the admissions office and let them know you are interested in Dance. Meet dance team members and/or coaches. Attend a football or basketball game to see the dance team perform.
- Sign up to attend Cheer and Dance Visit Day on Nov. 10, 2012.
- Email Coach Jacobson dates/times of performances - such as ISTDA, recital, and/or fall or spring showcase.
- Apply and be accepted to Simpson College
Cheer and Dance Visit Day -
Join us for the cheer and dance visit day, set for Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012.
Pom, funk, jazz, kick, lyrical, hip-hop and co-ed.
2012-13 Performance Dates
Sept. 8 - Football vs. Gustavus Adolphus
Sept. 29 - Football vs. Wartburg
Oct. 13 - Football vs. Loras
Oct. 20 - Football vs. Coe
Nov. 10 - Football vs. Luther
To learn more about the Simpson Dance team, visit our FAQ Section.