The Fitness Center will be closed during spring break for both levels.
The Steven Johnson Fitness Center opened to the Simpson community in January 2014, creating a first-class, comprehensive fitness complex located at the heart of campus.
The $6 million project began in March 2013 and is highlighted by a two-tier workout facility consisting of a 5,500 square foot strength and conditioning center and a 4,500-square foot exercise and fitness center. The picturesque facility overlooks Buxton Stadium and is encased by a glass wall.
In addition to the Fitness Center, the renovation included additional classroom and meeting space, administrative and academic suites, an expanded wrestling room, a cheer, dance and multipurpose room, a new Hall of Fame display, an exercise science and athletic training lab and a Swim Ex rehabilitation and therapy pool.
The space formerly known as Cowles Center has been renamed the Simpson Athletic Complex, which consists of the Steven Johnson Fitness Center, Cowles Center, Carse Hall and Hopper Gymnasium.
• 5,500-square-foot weight room
• 4,500-square-foot aerobic/cardiovascular space
• Expanded wrestling room
• 1,500-square-foot cheer, dance and multipurpose room
• Renovated Hall of Fame Conference Room and display
• Exercise Science/Athletic Training Lab
• Additional Classroom Space
• Academic Suite to foster faculty collaboration
• Swim Ex rehabilitation and therapy pool
• Aesthetically pleasing, modern design